The newest installment of the fan-favorite Mario Kart franchise brings Mushroom Kingdom racing fun into glorious 3D. For the first time; drivers explore new competitive kart possibilities; such as soaring through the skies or plunging to the depths of the sea. New courses strategic new abilities and customizable karts bring the racing excitement to new heights.
- The Mario Kart franchise continues to evolve. New kart abilities add to the wild fun that the games are known for. On big jumps a kart deploys a wing to let it glide over a track shortcut. When under water a propeller pops out to help the kart cruise across the sea floor.
- Players can show their own style by customizing their vehicles with accessories that give them a competitive advantage. For instance giant tires help a kart drive off-road while smaller tires work best on city courses.
- People can choose to race as one of their favorite Mushroom Kingdom characters or even as their Mii character.
- New courses take players on wild rides over a mountain road on city streets and through a dusty desert. Nintendo fans will recognize new courses on Wuhu Island and in the jungles from Donkey Kong Country Returns.
- The game supports both SpotPass and StreetPass features.
- Players can compete in local wireless matches or online over a broadband Internet connection.