Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate is the newest installment in the popular Monster Hunter series; which has sold more than 31 million units worldwide to date. In Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate; players will take on the role of a hunter that joins up with a traveling caravan to explore new lands and towns along the way. This grand adventure will include hundreds of quests to take on a variety of extraordinary creatures that yield valuable resources used for weapons and equipment. Launching on Nintendo 3DS; Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate represents the biggest leap forward ever for the series with more new content and exciting features than ever before. Also; for the first time ever for the Monster Hunter series on a handheld system; players will be able to join up with friends over the internet via the Nintendo Network as well as the previously available local wireless option.
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate will take players to new heights literally with the introduction of more vertical and lateral movement than ever. An expanded repertoire of actions will create more dynamic hunting experiences with fluid climbing motions and the ability to jump attack from walls or ledges. In addition players will be able to ride atop a monster for a limited time as they hang on and deliver attacks. With the addition of two new weapon classes challenging new monsters and numerous locales Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate will be the most robust hunting experience yet.
- Online Play – Connect with up to three other hunters online over the Nintendo Network for the first time ever or local wireless to join up and take down larger than life beasts.
- Two new weapon classes – The Insect Glaive is a long staff type weapon accompanied by a powerful flying insect which can be customized with various attributes; the Charge Blade is a hybrid that switches between a sword and shield or axe mode with the ability to collect energy from attacks to charge up and unleash powerful attacks. The 12 previous weapon types have also been updated with modifications to moves or combos.
- More vertical environments – The action expands with more fluid climbing motions and the addition of jump attacks from walls or ledges.
- Virus effect – Monsters are even more threatening with a new frenzied state which makes them stronger and more vicious than in their normal state.
- New gameplay mechanic – For the first time ever hop on to monsters and hold on to deliver a burst of attacks.
- Dynamic terrain changes – Some monsters can cause the battlefield to shift during a fight making even ground slant at an angle into a steep slope; if hunters are not careful they could slide right out of the zone into the next area.
- Returning favorites and fresh challenges – With several brand new monsters such as the dark and menacing Gore Magala as well as hordes of returning favorites including the primal Tigrex players have access to a larger roster of ferocious enemies than ever before.
- All new areas – Journey as a part of a traveling caravan and explore brand new locales and villages each with its own unique look and feel.
- Epic gear – Hundreds of new items and equipment for players to craft and acquire including all new rare and powerful G rank weapons and armor.
- Felyne ‘Palico’ Comrades – Each hunter can customize one main ‘Ace Palico’ and recruit additional support Palicoes on the journey. These AI partners will feature in depth customization options of their own with armor weapons and skills specific to them.
- Collaboration content – Equip hunters and Palicoes with special themed collaboration costumes and weapons based on series such as Street Fighter II Devil May Cry Mega Man Legend of Zelda Metroid Animal Crossing and more.
- Nintendo 3DS touch screen features – Provides easy access to in-game information weapons field maps and mini games as well as the useful target lock option that auto-focuses on a main enemy.
- StreetPass features – Send and receive player guild cards Palico companions and quests.
- New Nintendo 3DS system support – Experience enhanced graphics C-stick functionality and customizable ZL and ZR buttons.