The protagonist is a young soldier; Wylfred; who harbours a hatred for the Valkyries; especially Lenneth Valkyrie; who used his father as an Einharjar when he was ten years old. To seek revenge against the gods; he accepted power from Hel; the Queen of Niflheim; in the form of a black magic feather. In Midgard; however; the two princes of the Kingdom of Artolia are enthralled in a battle for succession to the throne; with neighboring nations Villnore and Crell Monferaigne monitoring the situation ready to strike at a moment’s notice.
- The Feather of Goddess … This is a vital key to how the story progresses and immensely powerful in battle situationsA hugely powerful artefact that causes mass effects to not only battles but the story line also
- Multi-story system … An in-depth mult-story system in defining chapters
- The outcome and direction of the story can change dramatically by your individual actions and choices in gamplay and in battle!
- Battle system … Further evolution of the battle system in the VP series! The battle system is now seen via the quarter view allowing more in-depth attacks and combos combined with dynamic finishing moves and dazzling spells!
- Mutual Assistance system … This system allows allied characters to spontaneously join the battle enabling you to surround your enemies and attack with maximum effect!
- Active Formation … Upon entering battle the ‘Active Formation’ is formed allowing valuable bonuses for executed set-up formations.
- Audio / Visual experience. … Breath taking graphics and effects that push the technical limits of the DS.
- Epic cinematic cut scenes and events that create and set the scene and direction of the gameplay and story line